Dr. Andrew Kuchins
Center for Strategic and International Studies
The Future of Russia and the US-Russian Relationship
6:00 – 8:00 PM, Marriott Residence Inn, Pentagon City
Andrew Kuchins is a senior fellow and director of the CSIS Russia and Eurasia Program. He is an internationally renowned expert on Russian foreign and domestic policies who publishes widely and is frequently called on by business, government, media, and academic leaders for comment and consulting on Russian and Eurasian affairs. His recently published books, articles, and reports include The Russia Balance Sheet (coauthored with Anders Aslund, 2009) and Economic Whiplash in Russia: An Opportunity to Bolster U.S.-Russia Commercial Ties? (Biography)
For the Rethinking Seminar Dr. Kuchins will address topics such as:
· Russia’s Alternative Futures: Likely Paths and Critical Determinants
· Russian Foreign Policy: Key Motivations, Drivers, and Priorities
· Russian Domestic Development: Key Issues and Trends
· Russian Military Development and Arms Control: Goals, Prospects, and Obstacles
· Options in US National and Security Policies: What to Do and What to Avoid
To sign up for this seminar go to the
Please respond by COB, Tuesday, 13 April 2010
(See changes to PARKING OPTIONS below)
ON-LINE REGISTRATION: https://outerdnn.outer.jhuapl.edu/rethinking/OnlineRegistration.aspx
· If you are new to the system, under New Users: Create a Profile select Create a User Profile Now. You will be asked to fill in the following information:
o User Name Suggestion: use your preferred email address as your User Name
o First Name
o Last Name
o Email Address: Should match User Name
o Password: Your choice of at least 7 characters
o Prefix – Rank: (MR / MS / PROF / DR / etc. or Military Rank)
o Organization: Office / command / etc. – could also be consultant / independent / etc.
The system will send you a welcome email restating your User Name and Password.
· If you have used this system before, go directly to LOG-IN which is available from the upper right hand corner any page on the site.
o Your User Name is probably your email address.
o A “Forgot your Password?” link system will automatically send you a password should you need it.
· Once you have created a new account and/or logged in, you also need to select the seminar(s) for which you want to register.
o On the next page click Enroll in this event? – This appears near the bottom of the page.
o The system will send you a confirmation email.
o You can always check to see whether you have registered by logging in and selecting the seminar in question. If you are already registered, the system will tell you: You have successfully RSVPed for this event!
· There is no on-line way to unregister. If you find that you cannot attend an upcoming seminar, please contact email@example.com
No cost for the Seminar
Where: Marriott Residence Inn, 550 Army-Navy Drive, Arlington, VA (Pentagon City) See area map and Google Earth view
Metro Stop: Pentagon City
· PAID Parking is available under the Hotel. The rate is about $18 for the evening.
· FREE Parking
1. After 6:00PM at meters along Army-Navy Drive; patrolled frequently before 6:00
2. After 5:00PM in the Pentagon Lot across Army-Navy Drive for ANYONE (See overhead view on Directions page.)
Light supper buffet: available 30 minutes before the Seminar for $10
Dress: uniform of the day or civilian casual
More information: http://jhuapl.edu/rethinking/