Vice President, Lexington Institute
Nuclear Weapons in the Three-Sided US-Russia-China Relationship
Marriott Residence Inn, Pentagon City
Dr. Goure is a Vice President with the Lexington Institute, a nonprofit public-policy research organization. He has held senior positions in both the private sector and the US Government. Prior to the Lexington Institute, Dr. Goure was the Deputy Director, International Security Program at the Center for Strategic and International Studies where he was responsible for analyses of US national security policy, the future of conflict and warfare, the information revolution, and other related topics. (Biography)
For the Rethinking Seminar Dr. Goure will be discussing Nuclear Weapons in the Three-Sided US-Russia-China Relationship to include topics such as:
· The Role and Importance of Nuclear Weapons as
· Political Instruments within the Triad
· The Role and Importance of Nuclear Weapons as Military Instruments within the Triad
· The Relationship of Nuclear Weapons with Conventional Weapons and Ballistic Missile Defense
· The Impact of Nuclear Weapons on the Triad Relationship over the Next Decade
· Prospects and Obstacles for Nuclear Arms Control within the Triad
Registration Deadline: COB 20 May 2010
(See changes to PARKING OPTIONS below)
ON-LINE REGISTRATION: https://outerdnn.outer.jhuapl.edu/rethinking/OnlineRegistration.aspx
· If you are new to the system, under New Users: Create a Profile
select Create a User Profile Now. You will be asked to fill in the
o User Name Suggestion: use your preferred email address as your User Name
o First Name
o Last Name
o Email Address: Should match User Name
o Password: Your choice of at least 7 characters
o Prefix – Rank: (MR / MS / PROF / DR / etc. or Military Rank)
o Organization: Office / command / etc. – could also be consultant / independent / etc.
The system will send you a welcome email restating your User Name and Password.
· If you have used this system before, go directly to LOG-IN
which is available from the upper right hand corner any page on the
o Your User Name is probably your email address.
o A “Forgot your Password?” link system will automatically send you a password should you need it.
· Once you have created a new account and/or logged in, you also
need to select the seminar(s) for which you want to register.
o On the next page click Enroll in this event? – This appears near the bottom of the page.
o The system will send you a confirmation email.
o You can always check to see whether you have registered by logging
in and selecting the seminar in question. If you are already
registered, the system will tell you: You have successfully RSVPed for
· There is no on-line way to unregister. If you find that you
cannot attend an upcoming seminar, please contact
No cost for the Seminar
Where: Marriott Residence Inn, 550 Army-Navy Drive, Arlington, VA (Pentagon City) See area map and Google Earth view
Metro Stop: Pentagon City
· PAID Parking is available under the Hotel. The rate is about $18 for the evening.
· FREE Parking
1. After 6:00PM at meters along Army-Navy Drive; patrolled frequently before 6:00
2. After 5:00PM in the Pentagon Lot across Army-Navy Drive for ANYONE (See overhead view on Directions page.)
Light supper buffet: available 30 minutes before the Seminar for $10
Dress: uniform of the day or civilian casual
More information: http://jhuapl.edu/rethinking/